Greetings from Aliwal Shoal in South Africa!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone. I believe this is the introduction area. I'd like to say a few words about us as a group, rather than myself as an individual.

We have a PADI Gold Training Centre operating in Umkomaas, South Africa servicing the scuba market for people wanting to dive the Aliwal Shoal. The dive centre was established back in 1986 and is one of the pioneer centres to explore the reef before it became famous. We facilitate scuba diving and shark dive trips onto the shoal, renowned for its shark life, particularly in our winter period. The reef is littered with raggered tooth sharks making it one of the best places to encounter them. Many a scuba diver visit our region as a bucketlist diving destination. Also 2 glorious wrecks and incredible reef topography formed from and ancient sand dune that sank into the ocean 80 thousand years ago.

We offer exclusive 4 star beachfront accommodation because we are the only building built on the beach many years back by the local municipality. All amenities are taken care of. We also shuttle visitors to and from the airport, making it easy to get to Umkomaas. If anyone would like more info, please give me a hola. I look forward to being a part of the community. Happy diving!

Welcome to SB Aliwal. Do you have a website?

Back
Top Bottom