Greetings from a recently certified instructor!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey All,

My first post to this forum so I thought I should introduce myself!

My name is Katie and I am 30 years old currently residing on a little island off the coast of Thailand. I have just completed my PADI OWSI qualification and currently getting some experience here before I move back to England (my home country).

I am an avid conservationist and have worked in marine and coastal conservation, research, volunteer agencies and environmental education settings.

I have a blog site for those interested in following my journey - www.katyjanedives.com

Or you can follow my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/katyjanedives

Does anyone else have blogs, websites etc worth a follow?!

Nice to meet you all!

Katie

Hello and welcome, congrats on your OWSI !

There are many blogs, my friend has his at www.scubawithturk.com

Enjoy the journey!

Welcome Katie. Thailand is a great country to become a diver but UK is not a bad country to remain a diver. I would actually like to come there to dive some of the wrecks. Scubaboard is a great community and I am sure you will find many new friends here.

welcome and Congrats! You're going to give up that warm water for the fridge of the UK! You're a better diver than I:cheers:

There is LOTS of good diving in cold water.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...congratulations on your new certification.

Hi Katie,

You’ll find there is a lot to dive in the UK.

Just remember as a PADI instructor you can’t work alone; under the Diving at Work Regulations you must have a safety diver, written risk assessment and a HSE Dive Medical to teach in the UK.

One of the first things you’ll want to do is get ‘dry-suit’ certified.

I’m about to go to Koh Lipe for yet another Thailand trip.

Back
Top Bottom