Greenwood Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ahhh...I'm deeply in love with the Bahamas now....

Who would have guessed that great diving and resorts are RIGHT THERE? 5 hours and bam! I'm in the Bahamas. :10: This time, at Greenwood.

What a great place. www.greenwoodbeachresort.com The owners are German, Anne and Valdimar (probably slaughtered that spelling...). All the diving we did there was walls, or the reefs at the top of the walls. It's really cool to see the ancient geological formations on the wall. In that section of it, there's a prehistoric beach at about 165', white sand about 40' wide then another dropoff to who knows what. Cut into the wall are the remains of waterfalls, literally hundreds of loooong coral tunnels through the reef, some of which start on the top and empty a ways down the wall. Very cool stuff. Amazingly beautiful, very intriguing to think about what the next beach down the wall is like. Gotta do that trimix class...

As for the resort itself, wow wow wow. Breakfast is a 8 or 10 item menu, I suggest the pancakes, but it's all good. Lunch is sandwiches on the boat, they're good but thin (the german way I guess *shrug*). Also provided is water and hot tea. Supper is buffet style, salad, a soup, a side, and two entrees, usually fish and some land creature. All of it is very good, though. They bake their own bread and serve it with every meal. The best bread you've ever had. Mmmmm....:D. The bar has everything, and then some, and if you don't know how to make it, Andre can. But you better hurry down because he's going back to Germany in a few weeks. Stephanie is the other non-native worker there, also a german, she's 25, there as part of her college studies in business and tourism. She waits the tables at all the meals. (Don't choke on your soup, guys.) :wink:

Yet another lovely place in the Bahamas. Of the three I've been to, I'd rank them like this:

Greenwood
Small Hope
--
Hawk's Nest

sheesh is was just week before last I was there (between Christmas and New Years) and I already miss it.... *sobs* *plots* *muahahaha*

Back
Top Bottom