Greater Tampa Bay Area Divers XIII 5/2/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is the previous thread if for some reason one would like to pop over there.

Greater Tampa Bay Area XII

Note to new people: This is a place where people from all over this area, or maybe just visiting, can get with some of us and do some diving. We spend a lot of time planning on this thread or discussing past, present, and future diving. Whatever we may be discussing, please feel free to jump right in. We're always looking for people to join us.

I wouldn't bother with trying to read everything in this thread. The last couple pages is usually sufficient enough to bring anyone up to date.

A bit of a re-cap:

Recently some have been out with Capt. Ty, Frogman_5, and N@rco$i$, all lots of fun.
DiverGirl4U has put this toghether:
Divergirl4u:
Let’s go wreck dive with “Lady Go Diver”
May 19th & 20th.
I was thinking we should get a couple of rooms drive down to Deerfield beach and do some wreck dives on the 20th am, and some shore dives 20th http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=2877060#post2877060
Kim P

http://www.dixiedivers.com/
Telephone:
(954) 420-0009

They are also talking about shore dives on the 19th pm and possibly a night dive on the 19th as well (shore).

We had to come up with a name for ourselves... Lots jumped in. It was great. Yukoneer, Gir-R-Dun, CoTampa, and lots more.

As for TampaUSMC, it looks as they we may have to kidnap his girl and teach her to dive :D

Oh, there is still room if anyone would like to join in this event: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=174100

I think Frogman_5 may be looking to carpool... We are heading down early Saturday to make the afternoon dive. Remember it is free :jump: There is BBQ afterward and CoolTech is making some awesome shirts to commemorate the weekend.

One more item of interest. dldiver has put this together:
psst...

3-tank Jupiter trip this Friday!!!

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=189505

we have enough to get a good discount so come out and play
d. :)

FYI, I guess it is Greater TampaBay Area Divers. Tampa was popular (in some form or other) as was Central FL. So I thought to combine them. However, I guess Orlando had enough active divers in their area to start a club.:ne_nau: Hopefully they can develop that area :jump: So, I guess we are still the same name anywhowhatzle with "Diver's" tacked on the end. :D Is that okay with everyone in this area?

Missdirected:
FYI, I guess it is Greater TampaBay Area Divers. Tampa was popular (in some form or other) as was Central FL. So I thought to combine them. However, I guess Orlando had enough active divers in their area to start a club. Hopefully they can develop that area :jump: So, I guess we are still the same name anywhowhatzle with "Diver's" tacked on the end. :D Is that okay with everyone in this area?

Too bad. Guess Florida is just going to get split up into a lot of different clicks.

I am headed to Freeport Bahamas Saturday for a week of salty water. I will see what is here when I get back.

word up ya'll

Why not Orlampa Area Divers?They are using that for everything else on the I4 corridor.Just a thought.Or did I miss a post with the new name change?

427Dave:
Too bad. Guess Florida is just going to get split up into a lot of different clicks.

Actually Dave it cut down on some of the clique stuff by having it separated. Odd but true.

Truck, that name reminds me of the Oompa Loompas from Charlies Chocolate Factory :) I don't know, see what peeps think of your name. Keep in mind Orlando already has their club. Hence my suggesting we keep it essentially the same - Greater TampaBay Area Divers.

truck1:
Why not Orlampa Area Divers?They are using that for everything else on the I4 corridor.Just a thought.Or did I miss a post with the new name change?

LOVE IT!!
:D

please dont think that we in orlando are trying to be exclusive!!! just want what y'all have got!!
like i told MissD, i think we just need to bring central florida back.

and remember (this is a freebie to entertain yourselves with:coffee:) but we go both ways to dive.. East and West!!
now dont get any crazy ideas...:no

dldiver:
LOVE IT!!
:D

please dont think that we in orlando are trying to be exclusive!!! just want what y'all have got!!
like i told MissD, i think we just need to bring central florida back.

and remember (this is a freebie to entertain yourselves with:coffee:) but we go both ways to dive.. East and West!!
now dont get any crazy ideas...:no

Blub, blub, blub, my head is going to explode. :D So since there is only north and south now.... How about "Greater TampaBay Area/Central FL Divers"? People visiting or newcomers can look at the name and know that is where they want to be. Mind you voting closes tomorrow! We are an hour apart. I think it is best we stay combined. I think it is also important we post to the all-in-one calendar (for instance, d your happy hour should go there):jump: Right now, as I see it, even the regular members are shying away from all this hooplah. Lets get it done guys. Unless some really hates the name or has a huge problem with it. Honestly, I don't think I can carry on this discussion much longer :D

D-it is none of my business which way you swing :wink: :wink: Your personal life is your own! :rofl2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom