Great White Shark Study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great article. Found and downloaded a copy of the study itself from the Royal Society's website.

Yes! Caught it this morning..very interesting and informative! I'dike to know more about the cafe of which they speak? Depth..food..sex? Pretty amazing!

Interesting fact about them in the bay as well...

I've heard of the" White Shark Cafe' " and I find it interesting how white sharks, and most other migratory marine species for that matter, travel great distances on such precise routes year after year.

i'm not a marine biologist or researcher or any kind, but I would venture a guess that they would use their acute senses to find their way, but perhaps there is a learned aspect and they simply know the route like we know the route to work every day.

perhaps when more funding is invested in research as opposed to sweaters and fashions for dogs, maybe we will learn more about these incredible creatures who share their seas with us.

Interesting study and a good contrast to the methods used by Domeier, et al., in the capture of GWS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom