Great White Shark Cage Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yea and some great fish & chips in Vishoek!

And just pray the Cape Doctor is not blowing .... which it can do for days at a time in summer there.

hi skubadoo,

thanks for yr reply.

yes indeed i have seen the nat geo series from start to finish and i have heard of the 2 people you have mentioned.

also i believe Andre Hartman is also a very well know expert in those circles, and im wondering if he does the dives aswell?

i will check out the website you mentioned.

im thinking of staying close to gaansbai, to do my dive.

anyone know of any good cheap accomodation there pls?

manny

hi skubadoo,

thanks for yr reply.

yes indeed i have seen the nat geo series from start to finish and i have heard of the 2 people you have mentioned.

also i believe Andre Hartman is also a very well know expert in those circles, and im wondering if he does the dives aswell?

i will check out the website you mentioned.

im thinking of staying close to gaansbai, to do my dive.

anyone know of any good cheap accomodation there pls?

manny

Hi Manny,

I did my first cage diving trip a few weeks ago in Gansbaai with Great White Shark Tours (sharkcagediving.net) and they were brilliant. The boat was fantastic too, with lots of space etc. Saw about 13 or 14 Great Whites that trip.

In terms of Dec/Jan for cage diving, I understand April to End Sept is high season, Oct - Dec is mid season, and Jan to March is low season. So try and dive as early as you can in December. Apparently, the avg amount of sharks seen per trip is around 5. In Feb, its 2 or 3 :(.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Oh, check out theroundhouse.co.za. I stayed there and I can highly recommend them.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom