Great visibility at King’s Beach, May 16, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
My dive buddy Mike B. and I were heading out to dive Ft Wetherill on Sunday Morning. As we passed over the Jamestown Verrazano Bridge, it was obvious that this was a spectacular day. I suggested that we do the extra drive to Newport and take a chance that it was just as nice there as it appeared to be here. We scrapped our plans to do more dives at FTW and headed for Newport. What a great decision that was. With the exception of a few kayakers and some spear fishermen we had King's Beach to ourselves. We made two dives in 53F water with 30'+ visibility. The first dive we stayed inside the Island and mostly around the eel grass and never went below 29'. There a lot of skates in the shallows and we saw 5 or six over the course of the dive 52 minute dive. There were a few black fish, but I think these are mostly the early arrivals. The second dive we we followed the rocks out and we met slightly lower visibility and there was much less fish life, but we ended the dive by heading back toward the island before heading in after 42 minutes and max depth of 26'. This was some of the best diving conditions I have seen in the Newport area in a long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom