Great service! Thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi! Just want to put credit where it's due. I have the #89 wheeled bag. First off it's bullet proof. I have dragged it over the roughest stuff. I love the strength of the wheels. I appreciate the strength of the handles also, I have had almost 90 lbs in the bag and the handles didnt break or bend. I had the same weight in my heavy duty hockey bag. Toasted it.
The reason I am writing is, while in flight the zipper on the hidden backpack straps was broken. I phoned my lds here in Edmonton that I bought it from to get it serviced on the life time warranty. They stopped selling the units, they said that Armor where difficult to deal with and would not send the zipper. I asked if they would try for me. I phoned back to the shop a couple weeks later, they told me that Armor had not returned their call. I tend to not believe them, as Armor phoned me back right away. They also where willing to send it to me. I did not need photos or any type of proof. I was amazed at how nice they where on the phone. From the accounts I was getting from the shop my ears where going to freeze talking to the people at Armor. I haven't had a conversation with someone as sweet as the young lady that took my call in a long time. I asked if they would send it directly to the shop, no problem.
This type of service is fabulous, these bags aren't cheap. So when the buck is put out and this type of service is given, I am loyal.
As I write this I am waiting for another new #89 and the covers to come in from another store that sells them here. I have a uk box for my local diving. The Armor bag is half the weight so I needed another one for flying. Thanks for the service!!!! :Dkev

Kev
Thank you for making a point to put these comments on the forums. So many times people only take the time to post when they are disappointed.

I'm happy that we could help you. The shop you were dealing with was simply lying to you. No one from that shop had ever contacted us directly. We have a distributor on Canada and they may, or should have been contacted, though I would be highly surprised if they'd given the shop that type of answer. They are good, caring people like we strive to be at Armor.

It is not uncommon for shops who don't carry the brand you're looking for, or have other inventory they want to push, to try to steer you away from what you're looking for. It's a shame though when they go the extra step of falsely bad-mouthing a company. I suggest you patronize the shops that treat you right. I'm glad you contacted us directly so we could help you.

Our experience has been that the vast majority of customers who deal with Armor on repair issues report a high degree of satisfaction. It is my policy to try to repair every bag sent to me regardless of warranty or even brand. I'm honest about hwat consitutes a manufacturer's defect, and if people are honest about how and why bags need repairs I am always willing to help. On the other hand if they try to jam me on an abused bag I might get a little defensive.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Dave

I too have had good experience with service. I had a broken snap on my speargun bag, and Armor sent the part to my LDS super fast. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom