Great Product - Apollo Splits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bentex:
I have the original Apollo Bio Pro's and love them! My dive buddy bought a pair of ScubaPro Twin Jets at the same time and has not been as happy with his.

How many years have the Bio Fins been the top rated fin? I was thinking about adding C-Straps to my current fins. Has anyone else tried these?

I did not go with the Apollo C-Straps, but did get the EZ spring straps. Love them!

I got them with the yellow rubber pull tab, and it's rather amazing how many people have commented on how that is how they find me in a group.

In any event, spring straps are the bomb! Fin doffing and donning is effortless, and they are comfortable, and mostly indestructible.

The C Series require a bit of modification to attach them, and they are permanent. The EZ straps attach on the existing mounting bolt, and if somehow they do break (hard to imaging), I can replace the strap. Either solution I'm sure works well, I opted for the less expensive solution.

DivePartner1:
I'd have been better off with one set of Jet fins I could use diving both dry and wet.

I dive BioFins both wet, and dry without issue. Backing up is a bit of a trick, but I think I'm actually getting to the point I can do it. I think that is about the only kick where non-splits work better. Then again, 99% of the divers I've seen could not back up regardless of what type of fins they were using.

I have close to 100 dives on my BioFins, and bought them used. So far, other than some scratches, they are like new. I'm not sure exactly where they would separate?

oops, my bad. I'm thinking the straps I borrowed weren't genuine c-straps, in which case, I'll have to take my own advice and try the real deal.
Maybe that's why they didn't feel comfortable.
Note to self: Ty the REAL ones.......

RonFrank:
... 99% of the divers I've seen could not back up regardless of what type of fins they were using. ?

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to be able to back up. It certainly rules out wreck diving.

[/QUOTE] I have close to 100 dives on my BioFins, and bought them used. So far, other than some scratches, they are like new. I'm not sure exactly where they would separate?[/QUOTE]

They are splitting between the "split" in the fins. In fairness, this started at about 200dives on these fins, but I could be paid less than $200+ for fins and not had this problem.

RonFrank:
I did not go with the Apollo C-Straps, but did get the EZ spring straps. Love them!

I got them with the yellow rubber pull tab, and it's rather amazing how many people have commented on how that is how they find me in a group.

In any event, spring straps are the bomb! Fin doffing and donning is effortless, and they are comfortable, and mostly indestructible.

Thanks for the info. I had not heard of the EZ straps but have now found several places that sell them. They look like great replacement straps with no modifications to my fins. I like your idea about the yellow straps, that will create a more unique looking fin to allow my buddies to see me better. Did you measure as the manufacturer recommended?

Thanks!

No problem. I appreciate your input!

susan6868 oops, my bad. I'm thinking the straps I borrowed weren't genuine c-straps, in which case, I'll have to take my own advice and try the real deal.
Maybe that's why they didn't feel comfortable.
Note to self: Ty the REAL ones.......

No problem susan, I appreciate your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom