Great Product - Apollo Splits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Completed my first dive with my new Apollo Bio Split Fins and loved them. Effortless swimming and a great product.

I just did my first week of dives with my new Apollo Bio Pros and couldn't be happier with my purchase. They are awesome! Thanks for the pre-purchase advice and for making a great product.

Several people on the dive boat were discussing the Apollo warranty and said it was pretty much a lifetime warranty. Is that true?

Again, thanks!

susan6868:
I just did my first week of dives with my new Apollo Bio Pros and couldn't be happier with my purchase. They are awesome! Thanks for the pre-purchase advice and for making a great product.

Several people on the dive boat were discussing the Apollo warranty and said it was pretty much a lifetime warranty. Is that true?

Again, thanks!

Susan6868: Glad to hear that your Thanksgiving diving was fun and that your new bio-fins met your expectations.

We warranty all our products against any manufacturing defects for one year from date of purchase. There is very little to go wrong with the 100% natural rubber bio's. You may want to add a spare fin strap to your save a dive kit. Other than that your bio-fins should provide many years of fun diving.

I am tempted to try those...everybody raves about them.

catherine96821:
I am tempted to try those...everybody raves about them.

Catherine: We get a lot of very positive feed back on the bio-fins. Some divers prefer a stiffer feel and like the XT model. Other divers like the original pro model which has the least resistance. details @ :www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Fins/Biofin_Pro.htm

I like your picture of JB in his dress blues. I will be thinking about him as he returns again to Irag. Can't wait until his combat tours are over and you can settle in for some quality time in Monterey or elsewhere.

You, JB, and your children sure make a great looking crew. All the best from here.

I have the original Apollo Bio Pro's and love them! My dive buddy bought a pair of ScubaPro Twin Jets at the same time and has not been as happy with his.

How many years have the Bio Fins been the top rated fin? I was thinking about adding C-Straps to my current fins. Has anyone else tried these?

I tried someone else's C- straps while in Cayman and although she loved them, I preferred the original staps on my Bio's. I felt the C straps on my heels and they felt hard. With the regular staprs, you son't even know you have them on. And they're uber easy to get on and off as well.
I guess like everything else it's a matter of preference, but before you spend the money, ask someone who has them if you can try them. You don't have to borrow their fins, just the straps and dive once with them. This girl was a total stranger, we just met on the dive boat, and it only took one dive to know they weren't for me.
Some people swear by them (like her) but they're not cheap, so try before you buy!
Good luck! Safe Diving!
Felow Bio Pro Fan

You don't have to borrow their fins, just the straps and dive once with them.

Thanks Susan for your feedback,

I thought the C-Straps were permanant and you had to completely remove your old clips to install them?

bentex:
I have the original Apollo Bio Pro's and love them! My dive buddy bought a pair of ScubaPro Twin Jets at the same time and has not been as happy with his. ?

While Appollo Splits are nice, I'm not sure I'd buy them again. I'd have been better off with one set of Jet fins I could use diving both dry and wet.

I have a set and have had bad luck using them with a drysuit. The buckles consistently came unhooked over my boots and I never felt that I had the same power I get out of blade fins. Their length makes them a challenge to pack for travel.

Also, it is difficult to manuever and back up with these fins. After trying mine, my wife passed on buying a set.

I use more rugged fins with spring straps when I dive dry. I still use my Apollo Splits in the tropics, but will not replace them when they wear out. And after 6 years and several hundred dives the fins are splitting apart so their retirement date is not far off.

bentex:
You don't have to borrow their fins, just the straps and dive once with them.

Thanks Susan for your feedback,

I thought the C-Straps were permanant and you had to completely remove your old clips to install them?

bentex: Our C-spring straps do require removing the attachment lug
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Fins/Cstrap.htm

There are several versions of spring straps that attach direct to the lug. XS SCUBA has a very good version. Also, Wayward Son, a SB member does custom straps for most model fins.

Best wishes for lots of safe diving,

Back
Top Bottom