Great night dive at Fort Wetherill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selchie in LB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Did a night dive tonight with Steve from Giant Stride guiding. Awesome dive. We went along the left wall of the cove out to the point. Unfortunately it got really snotty out there so we just turned & came back in along the wall. Lots of critters out, lobsters of course (no keepers), rock & spider crabs, eels, squid, and fish including some black bass. Saw an interesting "donut" shaped jelly. Viz was 10' plus in spots. Around the point though it just dropped. Fun dive great folks. Forgot to check my computer for temp, but we were out for almost an hour & it was not chilly.

under water some where

Fort Wetherill usually looks a lot better at night.

Thanks for the report. I was in the water earlier in the day around 1 PM. A nice group from a camp was doing o/w cert dives for a bunch of 12-14 year olds. I meet them on my way in and their way out. They reported 10' vis. It was less for me, around 6-8. I went around the left wall to about 25' then cut across the sand flats in the cove to the right wall and circled back. When I was gearing up a pair of divers coming back from diving the left wall all the way around the point to the other cove said also that they had good vis until the mid point out and then it greatly diminished in the other cove.

08-29-14 did another night dive at FTW. Joined AfterDark for the dive. Viz was only 5' or less in some places. Lots of baby lobster, crabs, but not much else around. Beautiful night.

under water some where

08-29-14 did another night dive at FTW. Joined AfterDark for the dive. Viz was only 5' or less in some places. Lots of baby lobster, crabs, but not much else around. Beautiful night.

under water some where

The view above water turned out to be the best part of the dive! :) IMO even the stars took second to that! Thanks for coming out! Next weekend looks good weather wise but that is a long time for weather forecasting! Some of the Rebel divers did the sub Sat and had 35' vis for the first 70fsw then 5'vis to the bottom. What that means to me is the Gulf Stream is as close as it gets. Absent any off shore storms diving should be pretty good for the next few weeks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom