Great Lakes Summer/Early Fall Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bkess84

New
Reaction score
I realize this topic probably is already posted somewhere on the forum archives, but I really don't feel like scouring through entry after entry :wink:

Anyway, I'm getting OW certified next week and have been going to different dive shops around town looking at different wetsuits. I just wanted to get an opinion on how thick of a wetsuit you would recommend for Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, and a few local quarries. I’m not planning on doing diving around here when the water is freezing, mostly between the months of June through late September. Just like to get some thoughts on the matter.

Thanks alot!

A 7MM will work for what you are doing. But before you plunk down your cash, you may want to reexamine your goals. Chances are once you dive a few wrecks you'll want to extend your season. Although it can be done wet, you'll be much better off diving dry. I do like diving wet during the summer. I dove wet this morning as a matter of fact. However if its either or as far as suit choice, a dry suit will give you more bang for the buck. I dive a Dive Concepts Z-Flex. This is a very economical dry suit. You might also look into Bare. They make some reasonably priced suits that will get you going. Dive safe.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom