Trip Report Great Komodo Adventures on La Galigo Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abby Jaye

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just completed a 6-day adventure aboard the La Galigo Liveaboard on their Jurassic Komodo trip. This was my second time on La Galigo, and just like my first trip, the crew and diving experience exceeded my expectations.

The boat, a purpose-built Phinisi, has loads of character while perfectly meeting all the practical needs for diving. As a boat enthusiast, I found it to be charming and relaxing in every aspect. Having stayed on both the lower and upper decks, I appreciate the unique appeal of each.

The day typically begins at 7 am with the first dive briefing, followed by a cooked breakfast that sets the tone for a perfect day: dive, eat, rest, repeat - truly amazing times! The crew is exceptionally friendly and attentive, catering to all diving, culinary, and hospitality needs. Raja and Eman are perfect hosts in the restaurant, when I left the boat, I genuinely missed them for a few days... and the continuously full jar of Oreo's.

The diving experience was exceptional, with many 'firsts' such as the Spanish Dancer, Sea Horse, and Blue Ribbon Eel, to name a few. My dive guide, Agi, was a legend and always found me a few additional Nudi’s on every dive - thanks, Agi!

If you're planning a sea adventure, I highly recommend planning it with La Galigo - it offers a truly unique and spectacular experience with great crew, food and DIVING! Tip - make sure you get out of bed for a least one sunrise coffee from the deck.

Can’t wait to get back out there. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom