Great Dive today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnaud

Contributor
Reaction score
Went with buddies to Point Dune this morning. Viz was over 35 ft. Great dive site covered with amazing blue sea urchins, plenty of Spanish shawls as well as the usual suspects. Virtually no wind and a very slight current. 53°F water temp. Only downside is that it takes 10-15 minutes of fin kicking to reach the site. But I wore my new Turtles and kicked ass!

I'm starting to reconsider shore diving in the area. It doesn't beat the Channel Islands, but when the conditions are good, there's a great time to be had.

Despite all the dire weather predictions, conditions were great here yesterday, at least around the Isthmus. Viz was about 40 feet near Blue Cavern Point, and water temps ranged from 53-57. Lots of young blacksmith around, and found a few lobsters.... This is better than summer...:wink:

Good for you! I guess nobody will be disappointed by their WE. Except yours truly. I twisted my ankle wearing all my gear. I thought it was going to get better today, but it's not. I wonder when I'm going to be able to get back in the water...;-0

Arnaud

I didnt get hurt but i did manage to break my Drysuit exhaust valve Last week I dropped my Suit off in SD saturday morning and i await the call on monday. Hopefully it gets fixed this week so i can dive the weekend.

Andy

Hurts even more with all the reports of good conditions

Andy, if it's DUI, they usually work pretty fast. You should definitely have it back for the WE. I have the old valve on my suit. Apparently, the new ones are slimmer.

I ripped my left wrist seal on my second dive Saturday - I think I caught it on the gunwhale as I went over. Had to abort that one, but I actually did make another short dive to finish what we were doing. How? Well, I found yet another use for duct tape! I had just been looking at the seals, too, thinking I should probably look into replacement soon as there were signs of fatigue...hopefully, the suit will go out this week after the boots dry. I might have them add a cuff dump and shorten the sleeves slightly while they are at it...

Well, I guess I should change the title of the thread:

Sprained ankle, possible tendon injury, fluid in the knee and possible torn meniscus ;-0

No real pain, but I'm out of commission for at least 3 wks and I'm going to have to cancel my 3 day Easter trip on the Sand Dollar

I guess I'm left with :type: and will have to start working on my DM manual earlier than I thought.

Thanks, but (and that's the only good part), it's not really painful, just really frustrating...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom