great deal on Thermalution Compact Dive Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmssetc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a Thermalution Compact Dive Series top, 2 sets of batteries & charger from eBay. The seller said he's friends with the owner of HeatedWetsuits.com and these are lightly used demo models. The top & batteries all seem in good condition -- I haven't been in the water with them yet, but they do charge up and the top certainly gets warm.

I was hesitant to make this purchase from someone with no eBay feedback, but everything went well and the communication was fine.

I have no personal interest in this, just passing along a good deal:

benthurston328 | eBay

The seller accepted my offer for the top, batteries & charger as a combined purchase, so I'd recommend checking with him if you want items other than just the shirts he's got listed at the moment.

Last edited:
Looks like he has no batteries or chargers for sale. At $199 buy it now (no offers) for the top, plus $180.00 for two batteries off the Thermalution website, it is $380, and that does not even include a charger.

Brand new, off the Thermalution website, the entire kit including the charger is $425. Just not worth saving a couple $$ for used ones and not have manufacturer support (one month seller warranty with no record, versus 12 month mfr warranty) behind it.

Looks line you got the best deal, congrats!

Looks like he has no batteries or chargers for sale. At $199 buy it now (no offers) for the top, plus $180.00 for two batteries off the Thermalution website, it is $380, and that does not even include a charger.

Brand new, off the Thermalution website, the entire kit including the charger is $425. Just not worth saving a couple $$ for used ones and not have manufacturer support (one month seller warranty with no record, versus 12 month mfr warranty) behind it.

Looks line you got the best deal, congrats!
?? I see it as $110 Buy it Now.

To the OP, when you say "2 sets of batteries" do you mean a pair as needed for one vest, or two pair?

I have one of these and it is terrific....

Um, I guess I wasn't clear...

One reason I posted here about those shirts for sale is because the eBay auctions do not list chargers or batteries -- but he has them as well.

I went through the same research as you (the cost of batteries & charger from heatedwetsuits.com, etc) when I saw the shirts. I contacted the seller on eBay. He had batteries and chargers -- even though they weren't listed on eBay, and he accepted my offer for a 'package deal'. He put up a shirt/batteries/charger as an eBay item, with the buy-it-now price set to what we agreed upon...that way I had some protection from eBay in case there was a problem with the purchase or equipment (a concern with a new seller).

I would suggest that you contact him if you want to do something similar.

Oh, the final price for the combo -- with the charger & 2 pairs of batteries -- was well below the $425 from heatedwetsuits.com (with one set of batteries).

Tursiops, I have a BPW setup where the straps go under the arms, no chest strap to hold them out from the armpits. Would this conflict with the batteries? Also, where do you put the corded controller, inside your wetsuit somewhere after you start it up? I am like the idea and am curious as to just how they work.

Thanks

Tursiops, I have a BPW setup where the straps go under the arms, no chest strap to hold them out from the armpits. Would this conflict with the batteries? Also, where do you put the corded controller, inside your wetsuit somewhere after you start it up? I am like the idea and am curious as to just how they work.

Thanks
The batteries are quite flat and rest on the rib cage just above the waist. I don't think there would be any conflict with your harness. I use a Dive Rite Travelpak, but with a chest strap. I let the coiled-cord controller dangle in front of me, under my chest strap ( :) ) because I've only needed to turn it on for a few minutes at a time, usually on low.

Does the controller cord come out the neck of your wetsuit? No water flushing issues?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom