Great customer service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fobturbo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just wanted to share my story of dealing with Sartek's customer service in case some folks were on the fence about buying one of their lights.

I managed to flood my EBL6600C (light worked, but when I looked inside the canister, the batteries were corroded). I was fairly certain to have tightened the canister cap as tight as I could prior to diving. A few emails were sent to Sartek about return/inspection procedures before I sent my light back. Once they got might light, it took them a few days to get a chance to inspect my light. The technician said that he did not find any leaks in the canister, but would replace it and clean off the umbilical cap. This was done for free. So, I basically got a new canister for free (minus the inital shipping charges when I shipped my light back). This is, apparently to my mistake. And the light did come with 3 batteries inside to boot.

Admittedly, I haven't had many dealings with customer support from other companies, but when I do, I often am agitated about something in the process. This time, to my pleasant surprise I did not.

Yeah, Carl and his crew really do care about their customers. I've also received excellent customer support in the past. A real anxiety reducer.

I have owned Sartek lights for at least the last 6+ years. On the rare occasions that I have had to deal with them, their customer service has always been excellent (email responses can be better) but I have always been more than happy with their service and willingness to help me through an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom