Great Cust. Svc. - Beneath the Surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjlewis

New
Reaction score
Typically, you read posts about bad customer service experiences, but I want to pass on a really good customer service experience.

Prior to leaving for Cozumel on a dive trip, I researched what lights and gear I was going to need to use my new GoPro4 under water. After reading some good things about a particular dive shop in a very northern state, I called them to discuss gear. We settled on two Light & Motion Sola 1200s and tray and flex arms from Beneath the Surface. Due to the short time before I left, both items were going to be drop-shipped from the manufacturer.

To give you an idea of the timeline, I was leaving on Monday, December 22nd at 8 am. I received both items on the prior Thursday, December 18th. When I got home from work, I opened the packages to put the pieces together, so I wouldn’t be doing it for the first time right before the dive. I discovered that the dive shop had sent the wrong tray and flex arms. There was no way that these flex arms would fit on the Sola 1200’s. I called the dive shop repeatedly but nobody answered. To be fair, it was late in their time zone (about 6 pm). I looked for Beneath the Surface online and located a phone number. When I called, Shawn answered from his mobile. After I explained my situation, he asked me some questions to verify what parts I had, and what I really needed. We both realized that the only way this was going to work was that he had to send the correct parts to me on Friday for one-day, Saturday delivery. Since he was already out of the office for the holidays, he was going to have his daughter send the parts. All he asked was that I sent the wrong parts back to him, and he would handle any payment adjustment with the dive shop. After a nervous day-and-a-half, the correct tray and flex arms arrived early Saturday morning and fit together perfectly. In addition, everything worked well underwater and I now have great memories to savor thanks to Shawn’s great customer service.

I will be a loyal customer of Beneath the Surface and want to make sure that you all know that, not only do they make quality products, but they care about their customers. Thanks, Shawn, for saving the day and for showing that good customer service is not dead!

Typically, you read posts about bad customer service experiences, but I want to pass on a really good customer service experience.

Prior to leaving for Cozumel on a dive trip, I researched what lights and gear I was going to need to use my new GoPro4 under water. After reading some good things about a particular dive shop in a very northern state, I called them to discuss gear. We settled on two Light & Motion Sola 1200s and tray and flex arms from Beneath the Surface. Due to the short time before I left, both items were going to be drop-shipped from the manufacturer.

To give you an idea of the timeline, I was leaving on Monday, December 22nd at 8 am. I received both items on the prior Thursday, December 18th. When I got home from work, I opened the packages to put the pieces together, so I wouldn’t be doing it for the first time right before the dive. I discovered that the dive shop had sent the wrong tray and flex arms. There was no way that these flex arms would fit on the Sola 1200’s. I called the dive shop repeatedly but nobody answered. To be fair, it was late in their time zone (about 6 pm). I looked for Beneath the Surface online and located a phone number. When I called, Shawn answered from his mobile. After I explained my situation, he asked me some questions to verify what parts I had, and what I really needed. We both realized that the only way this was going to work was that he had to send the correct parts to me on Friday for one-day, Saturday delivery. Since he was already out of the office for the holidays, he was going to have his daughter send the parts. All he asked was that I sent the wrong parts back to him, and he would handle any payment adjustment with the dive shop. After a nervous day-and-a-half, the correct tray and flex arms arrived early Saturday morning and fit together perfectly. In addition, everything worked well underwater and I now have great memories to savor thanks to Shawn’s great customer service.

I will be a loyal customer of Beneath the Surface and want to make sure that you all know that, not only do they make quality products, but they care about their customers. Thanks, Shawn, for saving the day and for showing that good customer service is not dead!
I also just purchased a GOPro 4 Black. It would be nice to see your videos and hear about the settings you used:)

Back
Top Bottom