Graphics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From what I have read from everyone so far the Fusion sounds like a nice suit, I may have to get one.

I have a question though. Can it be ordered with the tech skin and no graphics? You have to admit the thing is gawd awful ugly. If there were just a small patch with the logo on it, that would be fine.

Has anyone tried to black out the graphics with any success? It may be a great suit, but it looks like it belongs in a circus.

Later, Hawk.

edit: I am seriously thinking of buying one of these as I have read everything I can on dry suits and this seems to be what I am looking for. I am tired of diving wet in cold water and as a divemaster it will help me a bunch. The one thing I am afraid of is puting it on and having an overwhelming desire to start singing a chorus of Y...M...C...A!

Last edited:
I honestly can't see why some people think the graphics are ugly. They are a stylised West coast Native design, which fits in nicely with where Whites is located.

Maybe it's because I'm from Vancouver, and I'm exposed to this style of art a lot, but it really isn't bad. And it does make you a little easier to spot in an emergency.

I've only gotten Power ranger and 'hammer pants' (when donning) comments, never anything negative about the graphics.

Just my thoughts, feel free to disagree

From what I have read from everyone so far the Fusion sounds like a nice suit, I may have to get one.

I have a question though. Can it be ordered with the tech skin and no graphics? You have to admit the thing is gawd awful ugly. If there were just a small patch with the logo on it, that would be fine.

Well said, I don't see why the did that.

I do not mind them at all. Actually I kind of like them. Although I do think that they should have been just plain to appeal to a more wide range of people. Then maybe have a few other skins with some crazy graphics on them for the folks whom that appeals to...

As I said though, as far as I am concerned I like the graphics...

Phil

I like them. Reflective and nice design and it gets away from the "TD wannabe" look.

I have gotten positive comments too, but frankly "West Coast Native" is just not my style. I'd really prefer to have a choice of designs.

I must offer an appology to Whites for the bluntness of my comments. I still don't like the graphics, but once again they have listened to their customers closely. Not many companies do this nowdays, so it really should be given credit when it happens.

From what I hear through the grapevine, what we have asked for in an alternative color scheme from what we have seen so far, is in the works. Perhaps a demo for DEMA.

As for the not so wild scheme in a standard version of the suit vs the tech model, mine is allready ordered and on it's way. When a similar tamed down version of the tech skin is available I will place an order for that one also.

Nice job guys! Having a choice of mild vs wild can do nothing but make everyone happy.

Later, Hawk.

Yes the guys at Whites are here for the customer! We/you asked, and they answered, the tamed down tech version is in the works. Should be available sometime after DEMA. Oh yeah, HAWK, your suit should be in this Friday.:D
Joe

Hey guys,

There is allot of interest in the designs of the Tech skins which may be avaliable going forward. All I can say is check us out at DEMA!

One of the great things about the Fusion diving system is it's modular capabilities. As new skins evolve they are easily attached to the dry core and it's like having a brand new suit.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Regional Sales Manager
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

Ok, so here's the deal, because of the P-valve, the suit has been put through quality control for not one pressure test, but two which has (no pun intended) put a hold on it. The suit will be shipped out tomorrow 8/14 and will be here for next weekend. Sorry for the inconvienience, but better to make sure there are no leaks in the suit.
Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom