Grand Turk Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaeger62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any of you dove the wall on Grand Turk? I have about 30 dives in Cozumel, some along the wall there. Is Grand Turk significantly different? Trying to decide on whether to dive it while on a cruise vs spending the day on the beach with the wife. If the wall in GT is a bucket list kind of dive, then I'll probably dive it. If it's significantly similar to Cozumel, then probably not.

I have not dove the wall in Grand Turk, but have dove the walls around Provo and West Caicos. I thought they were incredible, sheer vertical drop-offs that went down as far as you could see, covered in corals, sponges, and filled with life. Lots of sharks, turtles and rays. I have heard good things about Grand Turk diving, I think they have very similar walls. Another option I have heard of is Gibb's Cay where they do a stingray feed snorkel and beach excursion fro the cruise passengers, that might be something fun for you and the wife to do?

Grand Turk Wall is very sheer dropoff from around 45 feet to the abyss , very little current to deal with , it is a great dive

Have done both a lot but more so on Grand Turk. Grand Turk has more to offer in my opinion There is not only walls and swim throughs, there are bommies in sand, and a lot of nice inshore stuff that Cozumel used to have at Paraiso and Ballones. Plus the top of the wall is anywehre from between 18 feet to about 38 feet so there's a lot more to do on your hang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom