Grand Turk or Salt Cay for Whales and good diving - which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traveltina

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have an opinion on the better place to snorkel with whales in March - Grand Turk or Salt Cay.

Also - overall - which is better for diving?

Salt Cay divers looks like an interesting dive op - but I am worried we will be bored out of our mind when we aren't diving.

I know Grand Turk doesn't have much as far as activities - but it looks like it has Salt Cay beat for resturants.

There is not much to do on Grand Turk from what I hear (will be there for the first time in January, 2004 and let you know first-hand) and there is absolutely nothing to do on Salt Cay except dive, eat, drink and sleep (is that really so bad?). You might check out Providenciales first (if you haven't already) to see what TCI is like. A lot more activity on Provo and occasional whales off West Caicos. I have heard whales a lot in March and saw the first one last year. I hear that chances of seeing whales are about the same off GT and SC. You might do a search for the terms. Doc Vikingo may give you a better answer. What do you say Doc? You out there?

Hi

I have dove with Salt Cay Divers 4 times now and have enjoyed the diving both at Salt Cay and Grand Turk. I would go back in a hearbeat. I have never been there to dive with the Whales, so I don't have any first hand knowledge. It is sleeping, diving and eating, but I go there to get away from civilization.

Happy and Safe Diving

Ron

grumpygrouper once bubbled...
Hi

I have dove with Salt Cay Divers 4 times now and have enjoyed the diving both at Salt Cay and Grand Turk. I would go back in a hearbeat. I have never been there to dive with the Whales, so I don't have any first hand knowledge. It is sleeping, diving and eating, but I go there to get away from civilization.

Happy and Safe Diving

Ron

Hey Ron! Where do you stay on Salt Cay?

Hi

We stayed the last two times a Tradewinds run by Salt Cay Divers (ww.saltcaydivers.tc/). Prior to that we rented a house owned by a couple from England who have since got divorce. The first time we stayed at the Castaways which is not in operation now.

Happy and Safe Diving

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom