Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

worlddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
We had the most awsome Tech trip. DiveTech is one of three operater that support Tech diving. After all our research they had it all and they lived up to their rep. especially the Tech shore diving. DiveTech has two shore diving shops, both with full blending and rebreather friendly. All the staff (16) were instructors and half were tech instructors or divers. Even at 350 feet it warm water 82 with visiblity 300' plus. One dive was turned into a drift dive due a current (150' for 45 minutes & deco on the mini-wall). Guides are available on request, but they give awsome dive breifings!

Dive sites on the Grand Cayman Island for Technical divers are numerous and many dives are exploratory to see new walls and sites. The Carrie Lee Wreck was my favorite, The Elevator, Nancy's Chute, Dan's Donut, Funky Town, Elephant Ear Sponge, Leslie's Curl and many other wall sites with chutes, swim through, pipes and overhangs abounding, the deep sponge belt being also awesome. Technical charters (max 8 tech divers) are priced per dive, and vary depending on the depths and profiles being run. Gases are always priced separately, as is rental equipment when required. Custom packages are generally put together to match your diving needs.

Dive Deep & Be Safe

worlddiver once bubbled...
We had the most awsome Tech trip. DiveTech is one of three operater that support Tech diving. After all our research they had it all and they lived up to their rep. especially the Tech shore diving. DiveTech has two shore diving shops, both with full blending and rebreather friendly. All the staff (16) were instructors and half were tech instructors or divers. Even at 350 feet it warm water 82 with visiblity 300' plus. One dive was turned into a drift dive due a current (150' for 45 minutes & deco on the mini-wall). Guides are available on request, but they give awsome dive breifings!

Dive sites on the Grand Cayman Island for Technical divers are numerous and many dives are exploratory to see new walls and sites. The Carrie Lee Wreck was my favorite, The Elevator, Nancy's Chute, Dan's Donut, Funky Town, Elephant Ear Sponge, Leslie's Curl and many other wall sites with chutes, swim through, pipes and overhangs abounding, the deep sponge belt being also awesome. Technical charters (max 8 tech divers) are priced per dive, and vary depending on the depths and profiles being run. Gases are always priced separately, as is rental equipment when required. Custom packages are generally put together to match your diving needs.

Dive Deep & Be Safe

I've enjoyed about recreational 50 dives in Cayman so far, so in the back of mind I look forward to tech diving there in the next couple of years (that is, unless the Mexican Cenotes prove too attractive :) )

Dive Tech is one of the ops I've used also, and I also thought their staff was personable.

I'm taking my helium class specifically so that I can get down to the Carrie Lee in December.

Glad to hear that DiveTech treated you right. That's who I use as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom