Grand Cayman - Seaview Hotel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backinthewater

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am trying to set up another Cayman trip, and would like to make it affordable. I know, Cayman and affordable don't really go together.

I did see some specials for the Seaview Hotel and Dive Center. I don't recall noticing them when I was there before. It says they are just south of Georgetown. Does anyone know where they are? Are they closer to Sunset House, or maybe back toward Eden Rock? Or closer to the Crows Nest? I do remember there being some type of lodging close in to Georgetown, that was maybe beside of some type of fuel storage tanks or something???

What is the Seaview like? Diving? Non-diving wife must be happy also. I searched here on SB and saw that there is shore diving there with a dive shop, and also that the restaurant is good.

Thanks very much for any help.

The Seaview is between Sunset House and Eden Rock; much closer to Sunset House. It's about a mile south of the cruise ship docks.

The shore dive is quite nice, though a bot of a swim to the wall. The shore is ironshore so entry and exit are only at specified points at the ladders. There is no sand beach on site for the non-diving spouse.

The restaurant is The Naked Fish and it is a favorite spot for lunch or a beautiful view of the sunset. Creative seafood dishes are regular specials in addition to the regular menu.

The accomodations are more basic than some other resorts. Everything is clean and comfortable, but is an older hotel. It tends to attract divers on a budget. Nothing fancy.

The dive centre changed hands a couple of times over the last two years. As of now the dive operator is a Bob Sotos operation.

Didn't Treasure Island Divers just purchase the Seaview Dive Centre?

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Drew Sailbum:
The Seaview is between Sunset House and Eden Rock; much closer to Sunset House. It's about a mile south of the cruise ship docks.

The shore dive is quite nice, though a bot of a swim to the wall. The shore is ironshore so entry and exit are only at specified points at the ladders. There is no sand beach on site for the non-diving spouse.

The restaurant is The Naked Fish and it is a favorite spot for lunch or a beautiful view of the sunset. Creative seafood dishes are regular specials in addition to the regular menu.

The accomodations are more basic than some other resorts. Everything is clean and comfortable, but is an older hotel. It tends to attract divers on a budget. Nothing fancy.

The dive centre changed hands a couple of times over the last two years. As of now the dive operator is a Bob Sotos operation.

Thanks Drew, I may give them a try for a very short trip I am planning. Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom