Grand Cayman Scuba Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmrangel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all
Spent a week in Grand Cayman from July 27th thru Aug 3rd. This was my first visit to the Caymans (not going to be my last for sure!!). Did 14 fantastic dives with Living the Dream Divers, great boats and even better crew and DM's. We rented a condo on 7MB and had a blast. I spent the mornings diving and then caught up with my wife and a friend to do other stuff in the afternoons. Great time!!

I did a series of scuba videos of the trip. I did a Highlights video of all 14 dives in less than 4 min! Then I did 3 more videos, each covering 2 days of diving. These are also about 4 min each.

We had an unexpected visit by "Hooky", a friendly nurse shark ... he shows up in the Highlights video at 1:30 and in the Days 3 & 4 video at 1:19

Enjoy!!!!

Highlights

Days 1 & 2

Days 3 & 4

Days 5 & 6

Beautifully shot videos. Great color and clarity. LTD is my go-to dive op for afternoon diving. We've seen "Hooky" (every dive op seems to have a different name) many times. Very friendly and likes to follow the divers. Cayman diving at its best. Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Fun vids!

Looks like you had an awesome time. Haven’t heard “Hooky” before. Guessing perhaps it is Tex to us. If so happen to know the DM that removed the hook and line. A solid friendship was formed that day and now there is a new ambassador for diving in Cayman.

Huum, sounds like he has different names depending on the DM/Dive Op .. that is the same story I have heard. He has a pretty distinctive notch in his dorsal fin and a small scar on his mouth (from the hook I suppose).

I wonder if this is the same nurse shark that was known as "Finn" - another one with hook removed from mouth. I met him at the Oro Verde wreck site.

Tex and Finn are two different nurse sharks. I have heard Finn called Kiki as well. Finn has more distinctive markings and is incredibly friendly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom