Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The video seems to be very nearly monochrome. Hardly any color at all. Curious about why.

Good observation, it's because I forgot my filter pack and shot all of the footage without a filter. I had to remove a lot of the green channel to get footage that looked somewhat normal in color, and in doing so lost a lot of the green channel. The red and blue channels didn't have much data on them, hence the monochromatic look. A hard lesson I won't forget!

Thanks sbk12rs :)

good choice of music. The monochromatic look actually went pretty well with the music. You couldn't restore more of the reds? Bring down the green a lot, blues less so and push up the reds? It did come out pretty well despite the monochrome.

Tell your friends it was an "artistic choice" inspired by the music. It sounds better than "I forgot my filters...."

good choice of music. The monochromatic look actually went pretty well with the music. You couldn't restore more of the reds? Bring down the green a lot, blues less so and push up the reds? It did come out pretty well despite the monochrome.

Tell your friends it was an "artistic choice" inspired by the music. It sounds better than "I forgot my filters...."

I did try pushing the reds put it ended up looking to fake, maybe I'm just not that great with the channel mixer :p. Thanks for suggestion, I'll forget the fact that I forgot my filters!

Back
Top Bottom