Grand Cayman GoPro 7 Scuba Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmrangel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all
This is also cross posted in the Cayman Islands forum.

Spent a week in Grand Cayman from July 27th thru Aug 3rd. This was my first visit to the Caymans (not going to be my last for sure!!). Did 14 fantastic dives with Living the Dream Divers, great boats and even better crew and DM's. We rented a condo on 7MB and had a blast. I spent the mornings diving and then caught up with my wife and a friend to do other stuff in the afternoons. Great time!!

I did a series of scuba videos of the trip. I did a Highlights video of all 14 dives in less than 4 min! Then I did 3 more videos, each covering 2 days of diving. These are also about 4 min each.

We had an unexpected visit by "Hooky", a friendly nurse shark ... he shows up in the Highlights video at 1:30 and in the Days 3 & 4 video at 1:19

Enjoy!!!!

Highlights

Days 1 & 2

Days 3 & 4

Days 5 & 6

Beautifully shot videos. Great color and clarity. LTD is my go-to dive op for afternoon diving. We've seen "Hooky" (every dive op seems to have a different name) many times. Very friendly and likes to follow the divers. Cayman diving at its best. Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Thanks for sharing the vids. Nice work. What filters, housing and lights, if any, did you use?

Great job with the editing. Just enough to keep you interested, but long enough shots to feel complete. Only constructive criticism I have is drop the music just a tad. Personally I enjoy hearing the bubbling.

And what mostlyirish said!

Thanks for sharing the videos. They look great! I'm going to Grand Cayman this winter and have also booked 5 days with Living the Dream. Your videos give me a lot to look forward to!

Thanks for the feedback! I did not use lights but do use the GoPro auto white balance which is very good compared to any other auto white balance I have seen at getting underwater colors close. It preserves enough of the red channel that I can finish the color balancing in post. I use Davinci Resolve to edit. I don't like the bulk of lights since I am there mostly to dive. I did not use filters either but plan on giving them a try again. I used them before and they did not interact with the GoPro auto white balance well and it ended up being worse than not using filters but I have since seen people use them successfully so I want to try again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom