Grand Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boca diver

Registered
Reaction score
Any hotel recommendations for GB. I will be traveling sometime in mid-March and am a bit hesitant as to the quality of the hotels. I've read numerous online comments yet they're either great or horrible experiences. The hotels I've considered thus far are:
- Best Western Castaways Resort & Suites
- Port Lucaya Resort & Yacht Club
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya

I'd prefer to be around Pt Lucaya but if the amenities are better in Freeport then Freeport it is.

Any experiences or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

I have stayed at Port Lucaya 3 times at the Ritz Beach Resort. It is next to the Taino Beach and across the street from the Pelican. Pelican is NOT beach front but you do have access there. Also, these are across the channel at the harbor entrance so you have to take a water taxi to Port Lucaya (3 min trip tops, every hour). All three are very nice with the Ritz being the newest.

Not sure about the others but we were always happy at the Ritz.

boca diver:
Any hotel recommendations for GB. I will be traveling sometime in mid-March and am a bit hesitant as to the quality of the hotels. I've read numerous online comments yet they're either great or horrible experiences. The hotels I've considered thus far are:
- Best Western Castaways Resort & Suites
- Port Lucaya Resort & Yacht Club
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya

I'd prefer to be around Pt Lucaya but if the amenities are better in Freeport then Freeport it is.

Any experiences or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Freeport is the City of Freeport,and Has several Hotels no hotels in/nearFreeport are in/on water.its Inland.The one we would stay at The Royal Oasis is now Closed and looks to be for a while storm/owner problems=Its a shame just was totaly updated a year ago!
Yes To PortLucaya !Its been thru some big changes over the years and some BIG Money spent!This is on water or canal and harbour area,Pelican bay is older,The Yacht club is nice for the rates off season,Castaways I have not been thru in years seems nice,but check out OurLucaya its the newest on the block and NICE!! The Reef village section is the old Holiday inn and has been re-done,Breakers cay is the High rise REAL nice our choice! see the web site and check for deals,
Reef village has been as low as $150.00 P.N.
www.ourlucaya.com

Otherwise for Less you can do the Yacht club across the street for less.

If Im just diving we stay at the BellChannel Inn a few blocks away,Dive shop on site,Food and drink too! The Owners The Paulsens are old pals from years back and run a neat and clean place this is a low rise hotel with small pool on canal rooms can be had for less than $75.00 per night!
www.bellchannelinn.com
The Ritz & Tannio are on the other side of harbour and you cant get a cab and have to use a water taxi that well runs and then sometimes ,and then dose not,ok if you rent a car,ok beach,nice pool area and under new owners, old one was Shot dead by some mad time share owner My guess!
So yes to PortLucaya! Have fun ,We love the Island for over 20 years now, and some great Island pals-and some Great dives! Theos Wreck is a good one!Have fun,
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom