Grand Bahamas Shark Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrisan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone recommend an agency in Grand Bahamas for shark diving? I reached out to a couple places and neither was currently operational. Not looking for a live aboard or anything like that. My wife will be with me and she's not a diver. I would like to fit a couple dives in, though.

Thanks! Chris

I was in Grand Bahama in 2022 for what turned out to be a poor diving trip due to the condition of the reef. I looked for a shark dive operator back then and the only one I could find was Epic Diving. The information I got from them was not encouraging and not worth the financial risk. It's a grueling boat ride, 2-3 hours each way, to Tiger Beach. Weather conditions cancel the dives more often than not. In addition, you have to pay in full up front and there's no refunds, even if they cancel the diving. Not very customer service friendly.

if you are trying for tiger beach, its hard to pull it off with a day boat. bimini for the hammers is easier in that respect. if you don't mind seeing some nurse/reef/lemon sharks, you can do a feed dive.

hard to call it a dive though since you're basically kneeling in the sand while they bait and feed the sharks. I only ended up going with them due to a botched bahamas master trip to tiger beach/bimini. and it became kind of a shitshow after one of the DMs got bit by a shark in the face and started bleeding so they had to call it early.

That doesn't sound encouraging but thanks for the info. My itinerary is not set and I plan on hitting a few islands. So if I want to do some shark dives maybe Bimini is a better bet? Or maybe I can the shark dives for this trip and plan another trip somewhere else later. If so, what is a good place right now?
Thanks! Chris

i did my first shark feeding dive many years ago when i was visiting freeport. i was diving with an independent fella. Presley i believe his name was.
we were able to observe another shop running the dive without having to pay the extra costs.
i believe the shop running that feeding was called unexso??

i did my first shark feeding dive many years ago when i was visiting freeport. i was diving with an independent fella. Presley i believe his name was.
we were able to observe another shop running the dive without having to pay the extra costs.
i believe the shop running that feeding was called unexso??
Yup - it's Unexo. They are currently not operating due to "operational constraints" they said. Whatever that means. Anyway, thanks Rick, for reaching out.

I was looking into Grand Bahama diving. I can't vouch for this outfit but I did email them last week and they're still operating. They're located on the beach at the Viva Wyndham.

Thanks! I talked to yet another agency today and they were no longer operating. Was ready to give up. I'll check these guys out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom