Grand Bahama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharknut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So i'm looking to do a trip down to Grand Bahama and am looking for a relatively inexpensive place with a dive shop on hand. So far i've seen alot of good reviews for a place called "Bell Channel Inn". Has anyone stayed here before? Just looking for some advice/recommendations. Also, does anyone know where there's some good shore snorkeling as I wouldn't mind doing dsome of that in between dives. Thanks for the help.

I am going to Grand Bahama in May and will be staying at Island Seas Resort. I will be diving with Grand Bahama Scuba Diving, which cam HIGHLY recommended to be by someone I trust beyond all others.
I suggest you contact Grand Bahama Scuba and check them out. Very nice people, from my dealings with them. They will also tell you what hotels they pick up from (they provide a pickup/drop off service for their customers.)

So i'm looking to do a trip down to Grand Bahama and am looking for a relatively inexpensive place with a dive shop on hand. So far i've seen alot of good reviews for a place called "Bell Channel Inn". Has anyone stayed here before? Just looking for some advice/recommendations. Also, does anyone know where there's some good shore snorkeling as I wouldn't mind doing dsome of that in between dives. Thanks for the help.
We haven't stayed there, just gone past it on a boat and it looked OK, but it's hard to tell from a distance. One of the things that surprised me at our last stay (Island Seas Resort IIRC) was that they charged for electricity usage - tried to keep things off as much as possible but it was still over $60 for a week, so make sure you budget approropriately, just in case.
As for diving, I've gone 3 times with Fred & Melinda Reiger of Grand Bahama Scuba; on our last trip my (non-diving, scared of the water and won't even get wet) wife was so comfortable with them that she let both daughters get certified; you can't get a better recommendation than that!
Oh yeah - I have yet to hear anything positive about UNEXO, but they do have a really really nice store!

KL

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom