Grand Bahama Beach Diving & Water Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dove with Blackbeard's Cruises out of Grand Bahama - Freeport to be exact. They were a terrific outfit. I bet Lindsay would share her insight. Go to Blackbeardcruises.com and contact.
Tori

RG
Beach dive like a reef? Out on West end ,no real beach but they had a scuba trail set in the water at Old Bahama Bay, you could contact them as it would be a drive and the place was a bit hit by the storms several years in a row.
Paradise Cove has the closest Reef to shore=DeadMans reef, nice reef area and close to shore but they will charge you!
On the East end there is a small blue hole you can swim out to if tides right! lots of life on it as it draws small fish around it!
We do a charter full day with the Bone fisherman,I think her name was Mel-her husband ran several boats and we did some fishing,some bug hunting,shore lunch,and some diving,we did not see no one all day,next to the mail boat pass by and the cays or small out islands were so cool.
Brad

I there a couple of years ago, there really didn't seem to be much shore diving. I had read there was shore diving up at West End. We drove up there, not to dive, just to see the old town, I didn't see any dive op.

We dove with Sunn Odyssey Divers, Nick and Karen Rolle and crew are great! We had a really good time diving with them even though the conditions weren't cooperating.

I you want a really cool, very shallow dive ask for fish farm. It's only 15-20' if that at times, but it is just loaded with fish!! A nice diversion from the wreck and shark dives.

Thanks for all of the info. I have one day where I will not be able to go on a boat and was trying to get a dive in.

I will schedule a dive with Blackbeards.

Thanks Everone!!!

Back
Top Bottom