Graduation with a Masters Degree

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMike05

Murphy's Apprentice
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy everybody! Just wanted to share that tomorrow night I graduate with a Masters in Agribusiness from Texas A&M University.

This will be the first time I wear a cap and gown. Why you ask? Great question.

I went to high school in Mexico and graduated from a British high school, so they don't do the cap and gown. College I didn't walk because I was trying to get a co-op with USDA and I wasn't eligible if I walked, so I was trying to technically push back my graduation, but I got turned down, so asked for my diploma.

Just keep your fingers crossed I don't trip over my gown walking up to get my diploma.

hey, congratz

you'll actually be employable!

:wink:

Yeah, imagine that.

What gets me is that they are giving ME a Masters Degree.

SUCKERS!!!!!!

ScubaMike05:
...Texas A&M University.

This will be the first time I wear a cap and gown.

Don't worry about tripping onstage. Aggie graduates are issued special shoes for the walk across the stage, along with the cap and gown. These shoes are labeled clearly: "TGIF". Remember that means "Toes Go In First".:D

An M.S. in Agribusiness from what is probably the world's premier university in that field, with an international background -- the world is truly your oyster, sir. Congratulations!

How exciting!!! Congrats to you!!! Don't worry, they don't make the gowns THAT long...you'll do great! :wink:

Congratulations!

If you get hooded (MS get a bit smaller hood than PhD), be sure to turn & face the audience (so they can take a picture), TAKE THE CAP OFF!!!, then, duck/bend low enough for your advisor or advisor-designate to put the hood on you!

Then you can put your cap back on, turn around, & shake hands!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Unfortunately, i don't get hooded. i already have the hood and i wear it with my gown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom