GP-3 (Black) - Some clips from 2 dives yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A few clips put together from 2 dives yesterday off of Palm Beach. No filters, no lights. I had the camera mounted on a telescoping pole..1080, medium, 60

[video=youtube;pxdCYapX7Qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxdCYapX7Qc&feature=share&list=UU1utDku8vJ RJYgBZImLyLJQ[/video]

Nice. How common are Hammerheads in that area? I would think that was a treat. And I assume you found an anchor and that was what was going on around 2:40? Conditions looked great.

nice video DD. I recognize some of the debris and the spud barge or whatever it's called. Did you check out the new wreck as well? It lines up pretty good with them. I got some video this weekend and it's very easy to hit all three on one dive. Nice shots of the hammerhead, it's nice to hear/see, divers are spotting a couple every weekend or so from palm beach to jupiter. Wish we could see more though..

Seeing HH sharks while spearfishing in our area is a relatively rare treat that I would like to avoid. The only shark I ever HAD to shoot with a speargun was a HH. Generally they seem kinda skitish, but from what little I have seen and what I have heard....once they turn on and are targeting you or your fish, they can be very persistant. I had a couple bleeding fish on my belt when I took that video, so it probably smelled them. The GP makes them look further away...it never came closer than maybe 35 feet, but it seemed to be closing in a little, so I went to the surface early and yelled for the boat.

I tried to find the new wreck, but got bad information on the location. They should have put it after the barge and before the concrete on the Mitzpah run. There was a perfect hole there...

The dives were just north and south of the Lake Worth Inlet.

And yes we found the lost grappling hook on the dive.

Back
Top Bottom