Trip Report Gozo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m_BK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
At the end of last year I had the opportunity to spend a few days on Gozo and dive the coast. One of the great advantages of Gozo is that each side of the island can be reached within 20 minutes and therefore you can react to the weather / wave situation. In the waters of Gozo you can expect great visibility, rocky landscapes and various wrecks.

The following spots were visited:

Wreck P51, Blue Hole & Azure Rocks, Inland Sea, Wreck Kerwala, Comino Caves, Reqqa Point, Ras il Hobz, Cathedral

Thanks for your report very nice video
The dives seem impressive I especially liked the wreck at the beginning of your video

Thanks for your report very nice video
The dives seem impressive I especially liked the wreck at the beginning of your video

The P51 Wreck is very famous and lying in front of the little island comino. As we had very clear sunny sky the lighting was great, the wreck is lying upright on pure sand.

HI, I assume you were based in Gozo. Could you please tell me which shop you dived with and if you thought they were good. Did you stay in Dive shop accommodation or elsewhere?
Thanks!

Gozo is fabulous. Malta is good too. Proper civilised European places, except for the British tourists of course…

HI, I assume you were based in Gozo. Could you please tell me which shop you dived with and if you thought they were good. Did you stay in Dive shop accommodation or elsewhere?
Thanks!

Hello,

I dived with St Andrews Dive in Xlendi - Small groups. For me a good choice.
I choose a simple apartment by booking 5 min away from the dive shop.
Everything pretty easy.

every day on scubaboard I find out about somewhere else i never heard of. thank you.

Quick question about Malta if you can help. How long does it take to get to the sites in Gozo from a Malta operator? Do most of the Malta operators stick to dive sites around Malta? I have one day to dive - what would be the best two sites to visit? Any recos for opertors in Malta? Thanks

Thanks for your report. Let me correct the two dive site name. The P51 doesn't exist, it is the P31 that is in Gozo. Kerwala doesn't exist as well. It is the Karwela :) which is close to the MV Cominoland in Gozo.

Regarding diving Gozo sites from Malta, it is very easy as there is ferries between the two islands. I am always based in Malta and go for day trip to dive in Gozo. If you are around Valeta, you have 30 minutes by car then 25 minutes of Ferry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom