Government Shutdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should totally hop the border to do some UW looting!
No, wait, that is a terrible idea.

I didn't know the US government could shutdown like that. Canada has prorogued Parliament a few times, but the rest of the gov't kept running.

Here it is just the opposite. Congress and the Pres still get paid. Govt employees get sent home and do not. They have been earning their money and the fact that there is no budget shows that Congress has not done a damn thing.

This will impact many people. I AM a Federal Government employee, and I'm considered an essential one. This means I still have to go to work and DON'T get paid. :depressed:

No shutdown

From Jorge's wife....This is just crazy...my husband and myself both work for the Govt. I am a US Servicememeber and he works on base. I am also due with a baby in about 3 weeks and we have 2 other children, besides the one we are expecting. Thankfully we do have some money saved up, but not that much...so of course we are a little worried for the future. Hope they can come to an agreement.

In the words of Gov Kasich of Ohio and Gov Walker of Wisconsin, you should just be happy you got a job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom