Got ripped off buying used BCD. Any way I can repair it myself.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a used BCD from facebook, of course the guy said there were not leaks...I tested it out and there are two small leaks coming from the top left shoulder by the inflater. It looks like the bladder is welded and they tried to fix it once by sewing it. I should be able to get inside if I can get the inflater off. Anyway I can turn this negative into a positive. Please dont respond to, "you should have checked it before or dont buy used stuff...

Thanks

View attachment 651184
What you are referring to as repairs look like manufacturing cosmetics, as they’re present on the other part of the BC in the picture. Any bubbles coming from the stitching is likely to be trapped air. The BC’s air seal is the compression line running down beside the stitched seam as it’s a single bag bladder design.

It defiantly had a pin hole in the bladder at two spots. Thanks for the advice of the aqua seal. I put it on the inside of the bladder. I tested it out and luckily it does not look like it is leaking much. I dont know how different it would at depth. But it looks good so far! I was even able to blow the BC up till the pressure release valve kicked in and it still held up.

Thanks again everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom