Got my Sudafed stolen. :( Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all!

Someone broke into my car yesterday and stole my Sudafed. I have a medical condition with my euchastian tubes and need it for diving.
I just found out I cannot buy it here. So I am really desperate because I have still 5 diving days to go.

If someone is in Playa del Carmen or Cozumel and could give me some (like 10 pills), I would be very graceful!
I am happy to offer dinner or a drink as a thank you!

Feel free to PM me.

Thank you so much!

That's a tough break, I take it before diving as well. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

I believe Sudafed is illegal in MX. May make sense to see a doctor there to ask for a prescription for something that would work for you -- doctor visits are relatively cheap there. If in Cozumel I would recommend Dr. Piccolo at Meditur, who we saw when my son had a nasal blockage -- great guy!
Edit: His office is at the Hospital Medica San Miguel

I believe Sudafed is illegal in MX. May make sense to see a doctor there to ask for a prescription for something that would work for you -- doctor visits are relatively cheap there. If in Cozumel I would recommend Dr. Piccolo at Meditur, who we saw when my son had a nasal blockage -- great guy!
and to think I was annoyed when the pharmacists asked me 20 questions one time when I needed some to fly out of Nashville...

and to think I was annoyed when the pharmacists asked me 20 questions one time when I needed some to fly out of Nashville...
Yeah, we may or may not have thrown out a bunch of Sudafed that we had brought down (without knowing it was illegal) right before our return flight. The doctor said they do occasionally take people to jail for it in order to send a message.

I believe Sudafed is illegal in MX. May make sense to see a doctor there to ask for a prescription for something that would work for you
Original formula Sudafed with Pseudoephedrine (PSE) is illegal in Mexico. I keep mine well hidden when there. The OTC med using that name is virtually worthless. I have no idea what a local doctor might provide, but that'd be your best shot.

I understand that you want/need the Sudafed.
If you are unsuccessful, (as I have been), I'd throw everything but the kitchen sink at my ears.
I have Desloratadina, an antihistamine: 5mg tabs for 12 hours, Mometasona, a kick ass nose spray. Both from Ahorro.
Also have the equivalent of Q Nasal: Rinoclenil, and lastly, some ear drops called Oto Eni.
If you were going to forego one, it would be Rinoclenil.

Good luck, I know your pain.

I have no idea what a local doctor might provide, but that'd be your best shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom