Got my refresher course and first dives planned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric802

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been certified since 1988 and got my AOW in 1990. However, I haven't been diving since 1998 and with my kids getting interested, I figured it was time to get back into the water. I'm signed up for an SDI refresher class on Feb. 2, and just booked a couple shore dives with Maui Diving Scuba Center in March. Hopefully I'll find that it's just like riding a bike and I'll be good to go for some diving with my son on a cruise in May. Very excited to be doing this again!

Got the refresher pool session done today. No issues at all, it’s like riding a bike. It’s an SDI shop so I got to play with some computers, which I’ve got no experience with. Started with a standard BCD and a Peregrine, then switched out to a Halcyon BP/W and a Teric just to try some different stuff.

I liked the wing. Might have to give that some thought if the time comes to buy gear. Of the computers, I found the Peregrine easier for my 53 year-old eyes.

Next stop, Mala Pier in Maui!

Back
Top Bottom