Got my Mares Quad Air from scubastore.com today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qbantek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This is not an advertisement, just a review for whoever might be on the same place I was a few days ago. I do not have a relationship with the business mentioned below other than my recent purchase.

---

Around 3 weeks ago (10/18/2020) I bought a Mares Quad Air from scubastore.com since they had the lowest price I could find online at the time. Immediately after paying for it, I started having doubts: mixed reviews in the internet, relatively long waiting times (2 weeks - but we are so spoiled by amazon nowadays) and the fact that the retailer is based in Spain, not USA.

My total was $521, because I also added a wireless tank module (no savings there - I could/probably should have purchased that one from any US based shop).

factura.png

They provided a good tracking system for the order (they even took a picture of the package before sending it, I haven't seen that before) and after 2 weeks of waiting and being nervous about my money, I got my perfectly working brand new diving computer.

Of course, I cannot guarantee that every order will have the same happy-ending as mine did. This is just my personal testimonial and I hope it helps whoever needs some assurance out there.

Thanks,

Hey there, my partner and I both have the Mares Quad Air + transmitter, too. Had it a little longer than you. My general experience with it has been fine/positive, although I don't have a lot to compare it against. The large screen is easy to read and navigating through the screens has become pretty natural. I keep meaning to take advantage of the software to keep a digital dive log, but I haven't done it---mainly because I'm lazy and also because I like the tactile feeling of keeping a written log.

The two units have held up pretty well, although the first time we replaced the batteries (in Mexico, probably unrelated), the date setting seem to get permanently screwed up. We took them to our LDS and Mares sent us back totally new computers and transmitters---which was great customer service, but it was also like, jeez, you guys can't fix this overall minor issue? My partner also had a recent weird glitch where she definitely had over 1000 psi in her tank when she surfaced, but the transmitter was blinking red (which is supposed to mean you're below the 750 psi tank reserve), and the computer registered no data at all for the ending psi. Did some troubleshooting with the LDS with ultimately no clear answers as to what happened. But so far, it hasn't happened again (and we dive with back up computers and SPGs), so....?

Overall verdict: I don't regret buying it, but I would probably opt for of one of the other currently top-rated AI models if I had to buy another computer today.

I've been screwed by this company as have others on scubaboard. In 2019 they were advertising PLB's at a lower than the average price. Several of us ordered. None of us got anything from them. Somehow they convinced paypal not to give me a refund and the money was low enough that I didn't want to do a chargeback and give up my paypal account. I try to remember that when I buy online now and never use paypal if I can avoid it.

Anyway, this site is a scam. I can personally attest to it. I think @DandyDon was another that got screwed by them. They go by many url's DiveINN, SnowINN, RunnerINN, TradeINN (as seen on this invoice), a few others, and apparently now ScubaStore.com

Maybe qbantek is a legitimate customer who won the "actually got something from these scammers" lottery but I have my doubts.

I wonder if they own haha-yousucker-inn.com as well. Yeah, I'm bitter.

Anyway, this site is a scam. I can personally attest to it. I think @DandyDon was another that got screwed by them. They go by many url's DiveINN, SnowINN, RunnerINN, TradeINN (as seen on this invoice), a few others, and apparently now ScubaStore.com
I remember that too-good-to-be-real PLB purchase in 2020, but I don't remember the site. I search SB for complaints on this company and found none. Can you find that thread?

I do remember that it was 2020 because they sent me five KN95 masks, which were actually good masks, passed suggested tests, and I wore them for almost a year before replacing. I did get a full refund from Visa on the PLB scam.

I have done 2-3 orders from them and everything went as expected. Nothing bad to say, will order again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom