Got Any tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AviZ

Registered
Reaction score
hey ...im a ow diver i passed in june and im just looking for them daft little tips that make a BIG difference and make it easyer while diving....so if you have any tips at all you could give me or to share with everyone it would be a BIG help :D
BIG thanx in advance :)

Hello,

Sure. Go with the lightest equipment and less is better!

If you don't know what it is don't touch it. There's a billion and one things down there that can do harm/damage to you.

I gear up as quickly as possible and tear down as last as possible

Ed

Try to buddy up with some more experienced divers, you can learn alot just by budding up with quality people. Dont be afraid to ask alot of questions about there techniques. If your not sure about there practices dont hesitate to post on this board to confirm if what they are telling is a safe practice.

this board is a valuable resource

TMD

take blacknets advice when it comes to gear - LESS is better, and do your homework on what you want. Thatway you won't end up buying a expensive piece of gear, only to realize not too far down the road, that something else would have worked better for your needs, and may cost less too!!! LOL

:yellow: take a dive knife of a sheer with you on every dive. always practice your bouyancy and hovering. The more you dive the better you'll get. When buying gear, consider what kind of diving your doing now, and the kind of diving that you want to do in the future. Oh ya.. and have fun..
:yellow:

When I first started diving, I used WAAAAAYY too much air. I guess I was just too excited. A friend recommended going to the pool, and burning a tank of air on the bottom. Just sit there. doing nothing. It was amazing! after that, I used half the air that I was before. It helps you relax I guess. Anyway, thats what helped me!

I am not an expert, but I think these things are helping me.

Log your dives (I wish I did this when I started) It is a good way to refresh your memory and someday you might want to know how much air at what depth and what weight you were using.

I know I am going to catch flack for this.
Buy the advanced diving manual and read it. You don’t have to go directly from one class to the next, in fact I don’t recommend it. But reading the manual made me think about what I was doing right and what I was doing wrong.

There is nothing like the experiance of running out of air. Suck a tank dry at the bottom of a shallow swimming pool.

Thoroughly log everything having to do with buoyancy like:
  • Fresh or salt water dive
  • Type and thickness of exposure protection (wetsuits, hoods, gloves, boots, etc...)
  • Amount of weights carried
  • size and type of tank (steel vs aluminium)

Having this information to refer to will greatly help you in fine tuning your weights. Fine tuning your weights will greatly help your buoyancy control.

Dive often and regularily!

Make it a habit to go atleast twice a month even in off season!!I dive once a week in the winter weather it is snowing or not..

Find a quality dive buddy and dive with experienced divers that do a variety amount of dives and most of all have fun..

Good luck

NINJA

Back
Top Bottom