Got all my (and wifes) equipment! THANKS HOUSE OF SCUBA - SAN DIEGO!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IFlyEm

Registered
Reaction score
First I want to give a shout out to House of Scuba in San Diego. I cannot put into words how above and beyond they went in getting us set up with gear. The personalized service and prices (as good and often beating Leisure Pro) has won us over as customers for life!

Anyway, here is what we ended up finalizing on:

ME:

Seagle Stilleto BC
Atomic Aquatics Z3 Reg
Atomic Aquatics Z2 Octo
Atomic Aquatics Frameless Mask
Atomic Aquatics Smoke on the Water Fins
Atomic Aquatics SV2 Snorkel
Oceanic VT 4.1 computer - Primary
Oceanic ProPlus 3 computer - Backup
Atomic Aquatics Ti6 Titanium Dive Knife
Compact BCD Stainless Steel Knife
Windstorm Whistle
Inflatable Signal Device
Stahlsac Caicos Bag
Stahlsac Molokini Regulator Bag

HER:

Oceanic Hera BC
Atomic Aquatics Z3 Reg
Atomic Aquatics Z2 Octo
Hollis M1 Frameless Mask
Tusa X-Pert Zoom Z3 Fins
Atomic Aquatics SV2 Snorkel
Oceanic Atom 3.1 computer - Primary
Oceanic B.U.D. - Backup
Cressi 5000 PSI SPG
Atomic Aquatics Ti6 Titanium Dive Knife
Compact BCD Stainless Steel Knife
Windstorm Whistle
Inflatable Signal Device
Stahlsac Caicos Bag
Stahlsac Molokini Regulator Bag

I am EXTREMELY pleased with the equipment.

That's some primo gear. Safe diving !!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Nice gear. Gonna love your Atomic Z series regs. I love mine.

The Atomic stuff is amazing. On top of that I was able to get my Z3's for $318 a piece through House of Scuba. I got some great package pricing and all the Atomic gear carried the highest discounts i.e. Z2 Octo - $153 (Reg 290), SV2 Snorkels - $39 (reg $69), Smoke on the Water Fins - $142 ($250 reg). I was very happy to see that.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Z2x with rotating turret and the Z3? Thanks.

---------- Post added August 29th, 2013 at 12:20 AM ----------

Wow $319 for the Z3 is amazing. House of scuba lists $529. They gave you one incredible discount.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Z2x with rotating turret and the Z3? Thanks.

The only difference is cosmetic. They made it look more like the T3 i.e. the metal ring on the face.

According to Atomic they are identical mechanically.

---------- Post added August 29th, 2013 at 12:24 AM ----------

Call or email them directly. PM Me if you want. I can give you my name and they'll help you out.

The only difference is cosmetic. They made it look more like the T3 i.e. the metal ring on the face.

---------- Post added August 29th, 2013 at 12:24 AM ----------

Call or email them directly. PM Me if you want. I can give you my name and they'll help you out.

Thanks. Actually I got the Z2X last year and love it. Was just curious. Would love to buy more gear but wife would kill me :)

I will vouch for the fact they both breath the same except one is 1/3 of the price of the other. Biggest difference is the weight and materials used for the first stage.

Yep. IMHO, and take it with a grain of salt because I am new, but I feel that the Z3 is the best deal on the market. You can get this reg for less than $400. And as soon as it starts becoming more available it will drive the prices of the Z2/Z2X down and those will be steals.

Back
Top Bottom