Got a new belt pouch for my PLB - $8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
When not in my dive canister, I like to carry my PLB anywhere & everywhere I go - hiking, farming, or just driving. Not a week goes by without news stories about missing hikers, road travelers lost in a forest or desert, car wrecks with survivors too injured to climb out of a gully, and such - some living to tell their tales, some not. This lady did but it was not a fun time: Washington hiker stranded for 2 days with broken leg before discovered by runner on trail Yeah, I carry my phone too, often set on Airplane mode to conserve battery as many places lack service; they just are no replacement for a PLB.

One irritation I have with my ACR 2881/375 is the antenna comes unhooked so easily, which also exposes the activation button, so I have always carried it in a odd camera bag I found at Walmart. I think that 90% of activations are accidental false alarms. This cheap little pouch is lighter, thinner, and includes belt loops. The snaps are pretty secure, but I might super glue those so they can't come apart ever. I struggled a little with the velcro on my PLB grabbing the velcro on the pouch, and that would make it difficult to retrieve as well, but I cut a piece of paper that wrapped around the back, two sides, and bottom of the PLB to make for easy sliding. I may tape over the unneeded velcro inside the pouch.

Check it out and consider getting one. It took three weeks from China to my house. Other colors available: Portable Storage Case Bag Pouch for ACR PLB-375 ResQLink+ Accessories | eBay

The listed dimensions for my 2881 are 1.6 x 1.9 x 4.5 inches compared to the newest 2921 at 1.49” (D) x 2.03” (W) x 4.52” so I think the newest model will fit fine, too.

BTW, if you need a PLB, I don't know how this fellow sells the ACR 400/2921 for $220 with free shipping, but this has to be the best price anywhere on the newest model: ACR ResQLink 400 Personal Locator Beacon, P/N 2921 • PLB-400 | eBay

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

I did tape over the velcro inside so it won't grab the strap on my PLB, and super glue the snaps so they won't come loose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom