GoProHero5 or SeaLife Micro 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I thought I'd treat myself to a new camera (mostly for video) this christmas.
Kinda torn between the flexibility of the GoPro to be used with other activities or the SeaLife which is all nice and self contained and doesn't need a housing.
The GoPro shoots 4k but needs additional storage and apparently has less battery life.
Currently, I use a SeaLife 1400 with seadragon 2500 light.
Thoughts?

I use a hero3 Black with light and motion 700's and UK 500's(quad light set-up and bought the wife a Micro HD with the 2500 and must say its a toss up I used both and for video the Gopro rocks and pics are not that bad as longs you have a tray and stay still. Micro HD 2.0 took some great shots but Video was grainier than the Gopro. SOOOOOO its a tuff call to be honest, I really liked taking pics with her camera and the ease of switching to video through out the dive, loved the light!!!! and the longevity of the battery for the light. But going thru pics and video I was surprised by the quality of the Gopro vid versus the Micro HD.

GoPro if you already have a Sealife. The GoPro records a much cleaner video and it now comes with image stabilization. Plus you can instantly load and edit your GoPro video onto your smart phone and upload while still out on the water.

I would probably sell the 1400 to offset the cost.
Do the prices on electronics typically drop after the holidays?

probably not on the gopro 5 since it is pretty new. the sealife might have a small drop because of the dc2000 coming out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom