GoPro Rock Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrecks30

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those interested in seeing how well a GOPRO hero2 works in a rock quarry, I had wondered how well it would do before buying it and couldnt really find any good videos. Camera is straight out of the box, with stock housing. Dive site is Pennyroyal scuba center in Hopkinsville KY.

Pennyroyal Scuba Diving - YouTube

cool site :), BUT you need a housing with flatport to focus under water, at least....

Yeah, Im working on getting the dive housing as we speak, But in this video I Literally just pulled the camera out of the box and jumped in, luckily it came with a full battery charge, because I didnt have time to charge it.

Wow! that is a huge difference. Cant wait to get mine. Im going back to the same quarry in a couple of days, gonna play around a little. gotta figure out the filter thing. If the water is green, you use a green filter? when do you use a red filter? I enjoy murky water diving, but it doesnt make for good vids.

@ Wrecks30 - Shooting the GR Filter is fairly straight forward. Put it on and enjoy your dive. Best at 5 - 60. Much past 60 you lose so much light penetration that you have more to contend with that filtering out Green.

It's also best to not shoot directly at a light source, as your footage will have a purple tinge. Good example of this in the beginning of the Gilboa footage. (Information for usage in Quarries primarily)

There are other opportunities and basic usage guidelines for shooting GR in Green Saltwater situation.

Your CY filter is primarily used in Blue water situations. Caribbean is a good example. Hope this helps?

Again, the above are just basic guidelines and not hard facts. Shooting video underwater is an art form with many opportunities to produce footage that please you.

Thanks man, Good info

---------- Post Merged at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Looks like they got some nice Things sunk at Gilboa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom