Gopro Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used GoPro plus for their gopro camera? My wife wants a gopro, and I'm looking at the hero6. Gopro has an "insurance" plan they call gopro plus. It's $5/month ($60/yr) plus $79 per replacement up to two replacements per year. I don't think it covers loss, but I thought it would be nice in case of the all too common camera flood. $120 to replace a camera that otherwise costs $400 seems like a good enough deal.

Has anyone ever used it to get a replacement camera? The gopro website is pretty sparse for information, so I can't get a feel for how they'd react to such a claim. My gut feeling is that for the $120 you pay it probably covers all or most of the cost of the replacement camera so they wouldn't really care.

If you've used it, how long did it take to get a replacement. Did you have to argue with them or did they just replace it.

Does anyone know if there is any better insurance available for gopro cameras that might cover a flood?

Gopro plus also comes with some cloud storage and some other features I don't really want to mess with. It comes with a discount on accessories from gopro.com but it's still probably cheaper just to buy directly from Amazon.

I wouldn't bother with it. With the GP6 which is waterproof to a certain extent, in a Super Suit the odds of a devastating flood are low. Those types of programs are profit enhancers for the group offering them. Just lube the O-ring (rectangle ring really) on the Super Suit occasionally and you should be good to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom