Gopro Macro Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubajt41

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anybody had any experience with a macro lens on the gopro? I cant find ANY before and after shots.

I had a great time in bonaire but want a better lens for my gopro to film subjects. I felt like i had to get too close to subjects for good pics and videos..

Any help and advice would be great!

the two best in the market imo are
Snakeriverprototyping and backscatter marcomate mini

Has anybody had any experience with a macro lens on the gopro? I cant find ANY before and after shots.

I had a great time in bonaire but want a better lens for my gopro to film subjects. I felt like i had to get too close to subjects for good pics and videos..

Any help and advice would be great!

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. You want a "macro" lens for a Gopro which will require you to get just inches away from your subject but then you say you felt like you had to get to close to your subjects. Are you actually wanting a zoom lens?

I have never heard of a zoom lens for a GoPro. I know GoPro doesn't make one and don't know of anyone else. Maybe some day.

Probably not. The GoPro is a great little camera but it does have some limitations. But you should be able to get some really good shots with it. There are a number of threads on ScubaBoard that talk about optimum settings for u/w video.

We bought the macromate mini which is a dedicated macro lens for close ups but you have to be just a few inches from your subject. The ads make it look easy and you can get some video but it takes a lot of practice. I'm not that good with it yet. That lens is an external lens that flips in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom