GoPro Macro Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lupo Di Mare

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey All

This is my first ever forum post in my life. I am a diver, currently studying Marine Biology. I love to take Underwater photos.

As I'm a student, i have a budget. I want to configure my GoPro to take Macro photos. I know there probably is tonnes of info out there and a forum feed already, but it would be a massive help if someone could point me in the right direction.

This is my current setup and I have just changed to the official dive housing as I got it for Christmas. I got the camera tray for $10 at a vintage camera store.

http://diverlog.tumblr.com/image/42780340517

I have alot of dive and gopro photos on my instagram if you like to see

Instagram

thanks in advanced.

Someone may be able to help you in our GoPro forum: GoPro Video

Although I think one of the limitations of the GoPro system is it can't do macro since it's fixed focus. But IDK for certain.

I've been playing around with the Hero3 and diopter filters. Take a look at this website: Gopro Info

I've been playing around with the Hero3 and diopter filters. Take a look at this website: Gopro Info

Good effort and you got it right, those are close ups not macro and that is because the camera can't zoom. So the capture area is still pretty big. The gopro can't do macro full stop

thats what i thought, id been looking pretty hard. Going to have to bite the bullet and get another camera and some strobes. I really want to start doing some macro and work on getting better images. GoPro is still doing the job of capturing from around the range of 1m and further.

any suggestions on a entry level/ medium price range rig??

Back
Top Bottom