GoPro Lighting Solutions... Anyone help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys and girls! My name is Rich, a PADI OWSI and IAHD Instructor and also I am a disabled diver. I have come across a dilemma in my diving when it comes to videography, now because I propel myself with my arms whilst diving, this makes it impossible for me to hold a camera at the same time, so I invested in a GoPro HERO2. I have the dive housing and head mounting strap and that is absolutely perfect for when I am abroad diving in warm waters...but I live in Scotland, where the waters aren't so, let's say, "tropical"!! Its fairly dark and murky here! So the question I pose to everyone out there is, do you know of any lighting systems that would be compatible with the GoPro, without having to compromise the head mount? Basically, I need a way to keep the camera on my head and some how mount a light beside it/on top of it! the difficult part is, the mount on the cam housing is being used up by attaching it to the head strap, so how to secure a light source to the strap or camera itself! It's had me puzzled a while now, so if anyone has feedback, it would be greatly appreciated! Cheers everyone! Happy Bubbles! =]

I would think a helmet with a light zip tied to each side might work.

This is what I built for a helmet mount. I added 2 Sola 1200's in replacement of the Hollis X3's.

original.jpg

I had the same idea as Randy g. UK light came out with Aqualite. Buying 2 Aqualite is still cheaper than buying 1 Sola (note that the UK is also not as bright as the sola). The plus side about the Aqualite is the fact that they already have 2x screw on the bottom of it. So you can just simply drill 2 holes on each side of the helmet and screw the light on with the provided screws. Makes your life slightly easier. :wink:

Problem is that such a picture is quite stressful ,jumping ,shocked (head itself is not some stabiliser ) and therefore difficult to watch .

for example at parashoot jump it is normal that you are all time of fall focused in one point -landing point , and head is during power airflow more ''cramped'' and result is more stable film

+1 for dumpsterDiver and Randy g

Agree, helmet is the best way to go and then mounting your light(s) to it with the GoPro.

Back
Top Bottom