GoPro Horizon Lock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB NZ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a Hero 11 recently. It's the first GoPro I've owned with Horizon Lock. Is it just extreme electronic image stabilisation? Underwater applications? I would have thought it was useful for macro? Cheers.

I just started using the go pro 11 for the last two weeks and have kept the lock on. I may try with it turned off tonight if I dive see what the real difference is

On my Hero 10 I keep the horizon lock turned on to great effect. It does a great job of smooth out the video.

This just popped up on my YouTube feed. Video, albeit short and comment are quite interesting.

Horizon lock looks promising for underwater video. I've put my macro preset in horizon lock. My feeling is that it's going to work really well in this situation. I note that you can only use horizon lock with Linear FOV, that's a shame. I think that wide angle is better suited to err, wide angle shots underwater. What do you think?

Also, slightly derailing my own topic, it's annoying that you can't customise the names of the presets. First world problems!

I bought a Hero 11 recently. It's the first GoPro I've owned with Horizon Lock. Is it just extreme electronic image stabilisation? Underwater applications? I would have thought it was useful for macro? Cheers.
haven't used my 11 for scuba yet- but, did a group run this morning. Had the GoPro on the end of a stick. Over head, then rotated the stick to capture feet running- close up, by just rotating the camera down- so, the camera was upside down. you'd never know that watching the video. everything just stays right side up- no matter how you rotate the camera. oh- so very cool. Horizon lock is just a wonderful feature. it's basically like having a built in gimble mount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom