GoPro Hero4 black 2.7k HD Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olei301

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
GoPro hero4 black 2.7k @ 30FPS with 2 Moli 1200 lights, backscatter 3.1 filters and Macromate mini (Protune off). Hope you like it

My setup

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 72
I thought the video was great! It is amazing what you can do with the Go Pro.

Not that I know anything about videography, but a couple (only 2 or 3) of the panning shots were a little too fast for my liking. When I get those, I often cheat - I run the clip at half speed or something... seems like it often works for underwater scenes. I use a head cam a lot, so I am constantly having issues with panning and too much movement from the camera.

If you really only have less than 50 dives,, you are doing exceptionally well!

thanks dumpster, now after editing a saw that problem aswell. the footage is only 30fps so i dont know if slowing down is a good idea. i need to do everything a bit slower/ more stable next time. i think for the first video it is ok :wink:

cheers

I think it is a great first video! I shoot at 60 fps - so yes 30 fps might be an issue

i will try 60fps next time. do you record 2.7k or 1080p?

1080 I think.... I'm not sure my computer with process more resolution..

Awesome video! Love those octos... We saw one of those sea snakes on a night dive in Cozumel.

Your colors are so consistent. Did you leave the filters on the whole time?

Thanks! The sea snake is unfortunately just a Sharptail Eel :)

I used the filter (Backscatter dive 20-50 feet) all the time. Not sure if i should use it when the lights are at full power.

Thanks! The sea snake is unfortunately just a Sharptail Eel :)

I used the filter (Backscatter dive 20-50 feet) all the time. Not sure if i should use it when the lights are at full power.

Thanks! From what I've learned, you don't need a filter when using lights.

Those are the weirdest creatures... I thought the head looked like an eel but it had the body of a snake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom