GoPro Hero+ Red Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone. I'm new to these forums. I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a red filter available for my entry level gopro camera. This one ( Amazon.com : GoPro HERO+ (Wi-Fi Enabled) : Camera & Photo ) its the Hero+ with wifi. I use it primarily to film relatively shallow dives in the Caribbean with my family. There are tons of filters for the Hero 3, 4, and 5 but I can't seem to locate one for my camera.

PS: Can anyone tell me what the advantage of the gopro dive housing is over the out of the box camera?

That must be a new model. The only thing I can suggest is to measure the rectangle surrounding the lens and then measure the Hero 3, 3+ and 4 and see which (if any) is the same size.

How shallow are you talking about? I used a GoPro standard red filter and it was too red at 25-10 feet but looked good at around 35+ feet.

I bought the camera last year. It's one of the entry level rigs. I shot some video in Coz and the corals just seemed washed out. I'm taking my daughter to GC this summer. She's a new diver so I'm sticking to the shore dive at Casaurina Point. Max depth is maybe 50 feet.

+1 for the backscatter. That's what I have on mine. I have the old Hero similar to the Hero+ but no wifi. It takes great videos and the backscatter fits fine and enhances the videos. One thing nice about having an all in one integrated housing is that I don't have to fiddle with anti-fog inserts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom