Gopro Hero 3+ lcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeez must have have been my lucky day 2 people who didn't have a clue. What shocking customer service :(. Oh well I'll order I can always return it plus I believe the backscatter flip hounding will fit the other housing which is a bonus

---------- Post added October 9th, 2013 at 05:55 PM ----------

Well look what I got today

I am sorry I must have misunderstood the question. The new HERO3+ cameras will fit into the old Replacement housing (the housing the HERO3 cameras came standard with). The old housing will allow you to use the extended back doors. The LCD touch screen itself will fit onto the back of the new HERO3+ cameras.

If you bought the Hero 3+ and a LCD bacpac, send them a picture of the receipts and they'll send you a new Hero 3 (non +) case for a free! Free sturdier $50 case. And now I can use the 3+ housing as a back up. Mine just came in the mail today. Took about 4 days.

For the record,I have a Hero 3+ and I use it in a Hero 3 housing. It works fine. Have taken the configuration to 220' with no issues. The current housing that ships with the Hero3+ is not very useful. By using the Hero 3 housing, youll be able to use the LCD backpack, and all the other Hero 3 legacy accessories such as lens filters. As an aside, my Wasabi Hero3 batteries work in the 3+, however the battery that ships with the 3+ will NOT work in the Wasabi charger and must be charged with USB cable. I bought my Hero3 housing on Amazon for 32 dollars. YMMV
Hope this helps,
Frank

Step 1. Buy GoPro Hero3+
Step 2. Chuck away Hero3+ Housing
Step 3. Buy Hero3 Dive Housing (200ft/60m) and LCD BacPac
Step 4. Replace Backdoor on Dive Housing with the larger door included with LCD BacPac
Step 5. Insert Hero3+ and Go Diving

:)

No need to buy the Hero3 housing. Simply contact GoPro and tell them that you have the Hero 3+ and LCD. They will ask for proof of purchase for both, and send you the Hero3 housing for free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom